It is not hidden any longer from the world at large, that yoga originated in Rishikesh. So, you will find students from all over the globe flocking towards Rishikesh, for yoga teacher training. For many years, this magical place has attracted sages and seers, to engage in meditation. The place offers the perfect ambiance to one and all, who are seeking wellness. There are numerous temples, river bodies, the mighty Ganga, waterfalls, and solitary caves strewn across the place. If you want to enter a realm of deep solitude, then you should head to Rishikesh, without any doubt. You can seek tutelage at a Yoga School In Rishikesh, but only after you have assessed it properly.
Here is a list of factors that you must keep in mind while choosing a yoga school. There are so many yoga schools, after the boom in the yoga industry following the pandemic. So, you have to segregate the best ones from the mediocre and worst.
How To Choose The Best Yoga School In Rishikesh?
- Courses – The first thing that you should find out is what courses are being taught at the school. There are some of the most common yoga forms, like Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and Kundalini Yoga. As a beginner, you should start with Hatha Yoga, to build balance and stability. World Peace Yoga School is one of the most prominent schools in this domain. It is located in Rishikesh, with other branches spread across the globe. The 200 hours YTTC is considered as the best course to start with. It acts as the foundation in yoga.
- Recognition – The recognition of the school and the certification, also plays a huge role here. You should go to a yoga school, which is under the Yoga Alliance. It is also a sign that the yoga school you are going to is recognized. Yoga Alliance provides recognition to schools which follow its standards. A Registered School like World Peace Yoga School can provide you with the best platform.
- Course Curriculum – You must also check the modules that are covered under the standard course. The 200, 300, and 500 hours courses are the best in the genre. The important subjects that are included in this course are asanas, meditation, breathing, mudras, bandhas, and Shatkarma Kriyas. Apart from these main topics, you can also learn about mantras and chakras. The theoretical part is covered properly in the best yoga schools in the genre. You should go for the best Yoga School In Rishikesh to master this aspect of yoga, which is rarely taught properly.
- Teaching Staff – Before you finalize a yoga school, you must check all the reviews related to the teaching staff. The best teachers are not those who have just adequate knowledge. Teaching others requires a different set of skills altogether. You can find out if the school you are about to choose has the best teachers. The teaching pedagogy plays a very important role here, as you are looking for teaching opportunities, after completing the course. Find out about the teaching quality from the reviews. You can also talk to the graduates from a particular school.
- Accommodation – The 200 hour YTTC is a residential course, in which you learn about the intricacies of yoga. Make sure that the accommodation which the school offers is of the best quality. In most cases, you will get single rooms, shared rooms, or dorms. The bathrooms should be clean and hygienic. A Yoga School In Rishikesh which is deemed as the best, will provide you proper accommodation, with all basic facilities, like clean drinking water and Sattvic food. You have to adopt a yogic lifestyle, while learning yoga. Then only, you can get the complete benefits.
- Location – Lastly, it is absolutely necessary for you to check the location. It should be somewhere near nature, as much as possible. You must check if the basic necessities like stores and shops are nearby. You might need to buy some personal supplies. If the school is located in a crowded area, you will not be able to reap all the benefits of yoga. So, you should ideally look for a place that is secluded.
Always try to find out about the Yoga School In Rishikesh from their websites, Yoga Alliance directory, and also from students reviews. You can also go for a retreat course to your selected yoga school. This is either a 3 days, 5 days, or 14 days program, in which you get to interact with the teachers and staff. You can develop a fair idea about the place, at this time. Moreover, retreat courses are a lot cheaper than a full-fledged teacher training course. So, go for a school that seems to resonate with your vibrations.
Choosing a good school is a big thing, as your future in the sphere will depend on this. If you choose a good school, you choose a successful yogic life and career. Always try to maintain the standards, while pursuing a yoga course in Rishikesh. If you are doing the course for self-empowerment, then also it is essential.